Saturday, June 13, 2009

June 13 Recap

Note: Rachel and Ceci will have to check my spelling on some of these. :)

Today was FANTASTIC!
We went out to a farm with Ceci´s family, and we got to see a whole bunch of different plants, we got to see some harvested, it was very cool.
Saw banana trees, Yucca, Lucuma, Strawberries, Watermelon, Avacado, and...guanabana?
The man who owned the farm, not sure on his name, spoke some english, and had studied at John-Hopkins. He and his wife were very,very sweet. He even gave me a Lucuma! I do have pictures, I probably took over 200 pictures today, but you´re going to have to wait until I get back to my computer to see them. :)
Then we drove out to a place I´m not sure how to describe. It was outdoors, you could buy food, there was music, there were soccer fields, and playgrounds. Not sure what it would be called, I´ll have to ask Rachel.
We ate lunch there, I had Cuy, and I tried some pork, and some Conejo.
Which is Guinea Pig and Rabbit.
The Rabbit was really,really good, The Cuy was really, really, moist, it had a very different flavor, didn´t care for it a whole lot.

Unfortunately we lost the car key, and so we had to tow Rachel´s poor little car back to her house. So, a series of complicated steps later, she found her key, which is a good thing, but then she had to get rid of the guys who came to make her another key. :)

Got to spend a little time with Carolina and Hemana today, they´re both so cute!
Going to go to the fountains pretty soon!
Night all!


Go ye therefore and teach all nations... Matthew 28:19

No comments: