Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Sting, Thanksgiving, and The Pepsi Guys

What do those 3 things have in common???? Well, they're all going to be discussed in todays post, and they all involve my job.

So I worked last night from 4 until 10 o'clock.

In that time:
I traded shifts with Amy, my favorite co-worker. So I now work Thanksgiving until 10 o'clock. (that's a good thing, I want to work thanksgiving).
I dropped some beer in the cooler and it spilled. (lovely sickly sweet smell on my hands *ick*) it was only a small spill for those of you who plan to make fun, AND it's the first time it's happened. Okay first time it's happened and what I dropped broke. :)
The Pepsi guys came and filled the soda cooler, and they told us that two Pepsi guys out in Illinois had been held at gunpoint because the robbers thought they had money from QT.
Amy had a sting. In other words an 18 year old tried to buy beer, Amy carded her, which was a good thing because if she hadn't she would have gone to jail.
That made me paranoid and my rule has changed from QT's.
QT says if they look 26 or younger, card them, I say, You don't have grey hair, or you don't look my grandparents age, you will be carded.

Your opinion, time!

Okay, we have 2 guys waiting in line for the restroom, well, there is a guy (not a part-time clerk, and actual cleaner) in there cleaning. He's got this big yellow cart with a bunch of equipment sitting in front of the door, with just enough room to get through to the womens room, okay?
So,
Customer: Is someone in there cleaning?
Me (something along the lines of ): Yes.
Customer: You should have a sign out or something.
Amy(from the checkstand): We don't have a sign.
Customer: I'm just saying, you should get one or-
Amy: All of his stuff's in front of the door. You can use the womens-
Me: I'll go check the womens.
at this point the bathroom cleaner comes out and Customer goes in.
A few minutes later Customer comes out and mutters something about "behavior for a manager"
(Amy's not a manager by the way)
So he walks to the door and starts complaining. He says he was just trying to be helpful, and he doesn't come to QT to be treated like that, that's why he goes to QT's, repeats that a few times, calls Amy a rude name and then leaves.

Okay, Amy didn't think she was rude, the Manager didn't think she was rude, I didn't think she was rude. the only place I found possible fault in was "His stuff's in front of the door"
The guy's swearing was definately not necessary, but was he right to be upset?
(this is where you comment:)

So yes, last night was interesting... busier than most Tuesdays.

My sisters and I went Christmas shopping for our parents on Monday, Totally excited, cannot wait for Christmas. (btw, I LOVE having my liscence.)

Okay, I'm off to eat breakfast and start school.
see ya all later.




Go ye therefore and teach all nations... Matthew 28:19

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I am thinking that if the cleaning cart is in front of the door that is a pretty big sign myself :) You will meet ALL kinds, some not always the brightest bulb...

Love your site.
Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

By the way Hannah, I LOVED your piano mix on the phone the other day. It was good, so what are you gonna do about it with me?? eh? hehehe

Love you